Saturday, June 23, 2007

JBoss Seam + Netbeans 6.0 M9 Update

I've not had much time lately to play with Seam and get some good development going. However, I've been trying to make the Seam plugin work with Netbeans 6.0 M9...and it does quite nicely. Follow the link to the blog by Michael Yuanto see how you should set up your environment. This is tested and functional with Netbeans 6.0 M9.

I tried to make this work with JBoss 4.2, but I never quite made it. The issue is that I need to run JBoss on a different port other than the default 8080. I cannot make this happen with JBoss 4.2 within the Netbeans 6.0 M9 environment. When I register the server with Netbeans, it automatically defaults to 8080...I do not like this. I've also tried to change all references to 8080 within the JBoss 4.2 home to something else...no luck. The good thing is that with JBoss 4.0.5, you can simply adjust the server.xml within the server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar directory. This then registers with Netbeans 6.0 on the specified port without issue.

I am hopeful to hear more about the Netbeans Seam plugin soon...the initial release is very good...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 AM

    Hey Josh,


    Not sure if this is still an issue for you but this may help. I had the same problem as you with JBoss 4.2.2 and Netbeans 6.0 Beta 2. I added my local JBoss server to Netbeans and the port defaults to 8080. Trying to start JBoss made Netbeans complain that port 8080 already is in use.

    A little investigation showed that in the .netbeans/6.0beta2 directory the port can be set in the file

    config/J2EE/InstalledServers/.nbattrs

    You can modify port 8080 to e.g. 8380 or whatever you set the port to in server.xml in server/default/deploy/jboss-web.deployer under the JBoss installl directory. Then Netbeans will start JBoss without cvomplaining that the port already is in use :-)

    HTH, Wouter van Reeven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...