Monday, June 05, 2006

Jython Update


I'm a huge fan of the Jython scripting language. In case you've never heard of this excellent language, it is basically Python on the JVM. Well...it is almost Python on the JVM. At this point, Jython is a few steps behind the current Python release in terms of functionality. There are also some issues which are currently under review regarding translation of some Python constructs into the Java platform. I am currently trying to juggle my time between many things (aren't we all), and one of the things I am doing is taking a look at the Jython Bug Listing and trying to find some bugs which I can repair. If you enjoy Python then you should definitely try Jython...and if you are interested in becomming part of the Jython project, submit a bug fix. Here is a listing of the current bugs in Jython.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...